It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I guess it’s time for me to put the scooter in storage because with the weather pattern we’re currently in, I won’t be using it in quite some time. Depending on what station you watch, we’ll be getting between 7 inchs and 12-14 inches. Of course, it’s also going to start mid-day…on the Friday before Christmas…and the day of my employer’s holiday party. D’oh!

And could somebody please explain to me what’s up with that New Jersey couple getting all pissed off because their local grocery store wouldn’t decorate a cake with the name of their son, Adolph Hitler? I should also mention Daddy has swastika tattoos all over his arm/hand. Oh, the three year old boy’s sister’s names is Aryan Nation.

Apparently, the class-act parents say they aren’t racist. But from what I’ve read they are admitted Holocaust deniers. Well, if the Holocaust never happened, why name your kid after Hitler or tattoo his organization’s symbol multiple times on your body? I mean, otherwise wouldn’t Hitler have no claim to fame? Why honor him? Don’t you have an aunt or uncle you could name your kids after?

1. Comment by Sara on December 18, 2008 12:35 pm

That story was just so disturbing!! Seriously, time to call CPS.
    Sick, sick, sick. I mean, the parents MUST have realized that there would be controversy when they named their children that. I applaud the store for refusing..and another thing-how many birthday cakes have you had that had both your first and middle name on it? They were asking for trouble. Sickos.

2. Comment by BigMomma on December 18, 2008 1:50 pm

My god, I didn’t hear about this yet and i’m very disturbed by this. Definately time to call child protective services and make them change that poor child’s name! How dare they cast that stigma on the child. That is “cruel and unusual punishment”!

3. Comment by jeffrey on December 18, 2008 6:10 pm

I can sympathize with this couple a bit, I’ve requested things to be written on cakes that have been denied, although never anything racist, well not THAT racist. But seriously the bakery should have taken that opportunity to make a special poison cake and get rid of the whole family.

4. Comment by snarl on December 18, 2008 6:15 pm

That’s a brilliant idea, Jeff.

Actually, the store did offer to decorate the cake and sell them the cake…they just refused to write “Adolph Hitler” on it. The family still could have purchased the cake and written the name on it themselves.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for free speech and think certain un-pc and/or sexually explicit writing on a cake can be good fun.

But come on, this is different.