Doin’ It & Doin’ It & Doin’ It Right

Randy managed to get me to go to the gym on Saturday. And then on Monday (MLK Jr. Day) I did 45 minutes on the Wii Fit. And I’m feeling it today. This time, as a result of the aerobic hula hoop exercise, it’s my back that’s hurting.

It’s not a familiar pain. The few times my back has hurt in the past it’s been toward the top and was a result of sleeping wrong. I’ve also been known to get lower back pain as a result of my horrible posture.

But this time, my back aches like my chest or arms might ache after working out at the gym. Now I can’t tell if the ache I feel is a result of doing things incorrectly, or whether it’s muscles in my back that I never knew existed actually being used and strengthened. Or both.

Pain aside, I had a great long weekend. Friday night and Saturday night were game nights. And Sunday, during the 1-3 inches of snow that turned into nearly a foot, Randy and I had a fabulously lazy day catching up on the DVR.

Now it’s Tuesday, I’m back at work, and there’s a rumor out there that some sort of political event is taking place later on today.