Vegetables: Good and Bad

I generally love vegetables: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, grean beans, peas, asparagus, zuchini, okra. You name it, and chances are I like it: steamed, baked, or raw.

But there’s another vegetable that I’m not so fond of. This isn’t one you eat, it’s one you become. After a  whirlwind weekend getaway to San Francisco, the three hour time difference screwed up with my system. Making matters worse, our return flight was the red eye, leaving San Francisco at 11:25PM (though it didn’t leave until nearly 12:15 in the morning) and arriving in Boston around 8:15 this morning.

We quickly dropped off luggage at the house, showered, and headed back out the door to work.

And that’s where I am now. In a semi-vegetative state not quite sure if I’m in the here and now or the there and later. I noticed in my office fridge that I’d left an energy drink (free sample from the gym) in there some time back. Now might be as good a time as any to pop it open and see if it works.

Oh, and we had a great trip in California. But I’ll write about that tomorrow when I can better guarantee my sentence structures will be logical.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Karyn on February 10, 2009 11:10 pm

….Yet, despite it all, you spelled broccoli correctly.

And there was much rejoicing.