Let Me Entertain You

My friend, Mark, arrives from Paris this afternoon. This will be his second visit to Boston (both during the crappiest weather times of year). At least this time it’s supposed to be bright sunshine every day (albeit a bit chilly).

We only have a few plans set in stone (wings and cards tonight…the usual Friday night), dinner Sunday night with Bryan and Jason, and dinner Monday night with Ben and Brad. Other than that, we’ve left the schedule pretty open. Now that the sidewalks are no longer icy, we were thinking a nice trip up to the North Shore would be nice (McIntire Historic District in Salem, Marblehead, Crane Estate, Hammond Castle).

Who knows. I used to be such a good tour guide/host in my youth. But back then I lived in the city and could just walk out my door and show people the history and architecture in Boston. Now that I live a bit out of the way (not walkable to anything) it seems I’m guiding people on tours outside the actual city. For example, we may show him Costco tomorrow morning (don’t mock me…he actually requested it).

Anyway, if any of you have ideas of places to see or things to do, leave it in the comments!

No Comments