Rat Pack(ing)

I’ve begun packing for our trip to Rome and Paris. The weather in Rome is supposed to be sunny and HOT (mid 80’s) every single day. So that means shorts and tshirts. But the guidebooks all have said that most churches (and some museums) don’t allow shorts or collar-less shirts. Ugh.

And Paris looks like it’s going to be 20 degrees cooler with the possibility of rain (though, 10 days out it’s difficult to trust any forecast). Still, that’s an entirely different climate which means an entirely different wardrobe.

Fortunately, we will have washing machines in both the condo we’re renting in Rome and in my friend’s flat in Paris.

Randy laughs at me because I begin the packing process days in advance (we leave Thursday). But in my mind it’s one less thing to worry about. And it provides me the luxury of altering things (or better, remembering things I’d forgotten).

For example, just last night I dreamt that we flew to London and I’d forgotten to bring shoes. I’m not talking about a spare pair, I’d actually left the house, gone to the airport, and had flown across the Atlantic in nothing but socks.

I need therapy.

No Comments