Packed and Re-Packed

I began the packing process a few days ago and finished last night. What a relief to finally be ready to go!

Then the UPS man arrived with a package. Randy ran to the door to get it since it was the second part of my birthday gift. He let me open it (since we won’t be home on the actual day of my birthday) and it was a new suitcase. It’s 2 inches bigger than my older one, but is still considered small enough to carry-on and stow above the seat. And it’s got all those nice compartments and detachable elements (for suits, toiletries, etc….)

So, I took everything out of my old second-hand suitcase and repacked it into the new one. Odd, despite the additional two inches, it all seemed to fit just about the same. I think it’s because I was less focused on cramming everything, hopefully resulting in wrinkle free attire when we arrive.

And arrive we shall…within 24 hours we should be in Rome, either taking a quick jetlag nap or walking about the city playing tourist. Either way, it’s time to join Audrey Hepburn on a Roman Holiday!

Oh, and we’re not bringing laptops so we’ll have no internet access until we reach Paris…and that means no blog updates or comments from me. Though, if you show me some love (in the comments section), perhaps I’ll do something extra special when I get online again on May 27!

1. Comment by Randy on May 21, 2009 10:21 am

Thats what you get for packing so far in advance 🙂 I started last night and finished last night. Somehow it all worked and I didnt pack for 4 days. 🙂

2. Comment by Fred on May 22, 2009 1:39 am

What’s the building with the skylit domes ithe cool pic above the blog post? The architecture geek’s gotta know!!

3. Comment by Will on May 24, 2009 9:35 pm

I hope you had a great time in Rome–I loved the place. Looking forward to hering from you in Paris.

4. Comment by snarl on June 1, 2009 8:13 am

Hey, Fred! I took that picture at this small chapel behind the Opera in Paris. It was during my first trip there, but I’ve always loved the way it looks like a cat.

5. Comment by Melody on June 1, 2009 10:27 am

So Karl, how’s the trip going? I’m sure you and Randy are having a GREAT time. Can’t wait for you to tell us all about it.