Jumping on the Band Wagon

I’m not normally a follower, but after three weeks, it’s finally my turn to kvetch:

WTF is up with this weather? The constant drizzle and clouds are driving me insane. Seriously, I think I’m sun deprived. I feel bleah all the time and after being back from Europe for three and a half weeks, I don’t think I can blame it on jetlag anymore.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear that tomorrow will be at least partly sunny (still a 50% chance or rain), but I’m flying down to Virginia in the afternoon so won’t even be able to enjoy it.

If I recall, the news reported that we’ve had only 30% of the possible sunshine for the month of June (and it almost all fell in three days early in the month). I’m sick of potentially breaking records – I just want day light. We’ve already missed the days of the year with the longest light because of this weather, at least let us enjoy a few sunny days. Hell, it’s nearly July and I’m still commuting to work each day in a leather jacket and gloves (it gets chilly and damp going 30MPH while exposed to the elements).

OK – I’m done. No more whining about the weather. How about those North Koreans?

1. Comment by Golden on June 24, 2009 11:21 am

I hear ya. Although, aren’t you the guy who will be complaining that he is sweating buckets in the high humidity and 85 degree temps that should be arriving for tomorrow?

And Virginia? There is some heat!

2. Comment by snarl on June 24, 2009 11:24 am

Ah, yes, but did you notice that I never said I was longing for warmth? Just some sunlight ! hehe

3. Comment by Fred on June 24, 2009 12:08 pm

Heya Karl – I’m with you all the way, though I wouldn’t mind some New England-style warmth…I hear tell that down in PTown they’re referring to this as “Junuary”….ugh…I want to be wearing a single layer, not three…

Safe & happy travels down to VA to ye both!

4. Comment by BigMomma on June 24, 2009 12:57 pm

I”M SO SO SICK OF MY KIDS DRIVING ME NUTS BECAUSE THEY CAN’T GO OUT AND PLAY! ….

I think Xavier is actually getting carpal tunnel for playing video games for more hours /days than i’d like to admit. I can’t say.. Go out and play!

Ok. nuf… said. I may have to get in my car on friday and just drive until i see sun.. now that’s an idea!

5. Comment by Randy on June 24, 2009 3:17 pm

So does this explain why you get up in the morning and leave the blinds closed in the living room? Dont you want to see sunlight or have you become a True Blood Vampire?

On a different topic, why do you have to quit your job when you have an affair? I mean im all for kicking some crazy Republicans out of office but seriously why resign? I think this is sillier than just admitting to the deal. I think you should blog about this tomorrow as a topic 🙂