I’m So Out I’m In

In my new office, that is.

The move went pretty smoothly yesterday (aside from the rain that delayed the delivery of a few things.  The new office is laid out much more efficiently than my old on in that it’s long and narrow (versus a big square). This leaves more continuous wall space for bookshelves and file cabinets. And after nearly 4 years of mismatched ghetto furniture from the set of Mary Tyler Moore show, all of my furniture actually matches.

I am storing a bunch of stuff for another one of our department offices, but other than that pile in the corner, it looks pretty darn good in here.

And to celebrate, Randy and I are going to Ptown this weekend! Chris is coming along with us, and our friend, Pete, is already down there. WOO HOO! I’m taking a vacation day tomorrow and we’re driving on down. It looks like the weather will cooperate, too!

I can’t wait to see Miss Richfield 1981 again. Maybe she could give me some advice on decorating my new office. Years ago I used to get her calendar to hang on the wall. Maybe this year she can just come back with me and entertain me?

1. Comment by Randy on July 9, 2009 10:50 am

I love the day of the dead doll on your desk 🙂 Why not some art work on the walls. YOu do have some in the basement you can take an hang to brigten it up a bit.

2. Comment by snarl on July 9, 2009 10:54 am

Oh, the art work hasn’t been installed yet. I have a Modigliano going on the wall above that orange leaflet. And on the wall with the Day of the Dead doll I’m putting up my Lichtenstein.

I’ll have to figure out what to do with the other spaces.

3. Comment by Melody on July 9, 2009 11:14 am

I say bring her back with you for entertainment. You would have the most happening place on campus. LOL

Have fun this weekend in P’town!

4. Comment by Golden on July 9, 2009 11:17 am

You’re the only guy I know with a personal sized microwave on his desk. 🙂

5. Comment by snarl on July 9, 2009 11:33 am

Really? I don’t think it’s all that unusual. Truth be told, I’d rather have hidden it under the desk, but that’s where my fridge is.