Now I Remember…

…why I hate summer. Randy has some friends visiting from out of town so we’re heading into the city for dinner tonight. Normally, i’m all up for a trip into downtown Boston since I miss living there so much. But then things got complicated thanks to the weather report.

It’s sunny now, but by 4PM today it’s expected to rain. It’s currently in the low 70’s, but the temperature isn’t supposed to rise. We’re meeting the friends at 5:30 at the Institute of Contemporary Art (which you can walk to from South Station or take the Silver Lie and then walk around a massive parking lot. Either way…walking.

So, I didn’t take my scooter to work since we’re meeting at 5:30 and I would have had to ride home (in the rain) after work, change my wet clothes, walk to the bus, transfer to the subway, then walk some more. I’d never make it in time. Another option would have been to scooter from work to the Seaport District after work…in the rain…at rush hour. That would warrant packing a change of clothes, fighting traffic, and risking life and limb (hydroplane anybody?).

What I opted to do was use public transit to get work, and then again to get to the ICA after work. Regretably, I decided jeans and a polo shirt would make the most since (keeps me more dry in the rain). But all that did was make me sweat immensely. I was so embarrassed on the train as I used my umbrella to wipe the sweat off my face, head, and neck. Worse, I shaved this morning and put this skin cream on afterwards to avoid razor burn. Mixed with the sweat, it looked like I had a facial of the ejaculatory nature.

I arrived to work cursing summer. There was a large wet spot (of sweat) smack dab in the middle of my chest and I can only imagine what the back fo my shirt looks like.

Why isn’t nudity a socially acceptable option?

1. Comment by Randy on July 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Even if you went nekkid you wouldnt, you are too shy. and you would still sweat to death. its a good thing we air condition our subways… unlike london or paris or rome or

2. Comment by OTC on July 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Because if you had that right so would everyone else and do you want to see that, I’d guess that for every person you want to see there would be 100 you didn’t.

And really would you every want to sit down in public again knowing what might have been left behind.