How Soon We Forget

I’ve purchased condos twice in the past. I always found the search part so exciting. I suppose my voyeuristic tendencies played a factor in that, but I’ve always been a fan of “space” and exploring the lay outs of various places.

But now that we’ve made an offer, and that offer has since been accepted (YAY!), I’d comlpetely forgotten about the stress involved with the real estate game from this point until closing. First you have to find a home inspector, mortgage broker, and and attorney. I always maintain a slight level of stress until the purchase and sale is signed and the mortgage is guaranteed.

Then there’s the added anxiety of selling the current place, and fixing up the current place to show better (first open house this Sunday). Then there’s the packing (but not so much at it prevents the current place from showing well). And setting up utilities. And notifying banks, credit cards, magazines, family and friends about your new address.

Oh, and don’t forget the movers. And don’t expect to get a good night’s sleep until after you’ve closed. Oct. 3rd won’t come soon enough.

1. Comment by Fred on August 6, 2009 7:01 pm

First off: CONGRATS & hang in there!

Second – on the movers thing – no-brainer: Gentle Giant…they’re conscientious, do a great job, but, more importantly, they’re usually hot young jock-types…might as well enjoy the visuals, right?! Has to be some palliative to the stress!!

Bravo guys!

2. Comment by mindy on August 7, 2009 9:21 am

(a 2nd on the Gentle Giant rec — I had three super-hotties last time I moved, plus they were professional and on time)

Can’t wait to welcome you to the neighborhood!

3. Comment by Melody on August 7, 2009 10:07 am

Congratulations you two! Can’t wait to see the new place.

4. Comment by Chris on August 25, 2009 9:35 am

As 10/3 is my birthday, I concur!