Uneventful…Like Most Valentine’s Days

A month or so I was suggested we go someplace for President’s Day weekend. Last year we were in San Francisco. The year before that we were in Las Vegas. The year before that, Puerto Vallarta. We toyed with the Caribbean, Florida, or San Francisco again for this year before deciding to take a trip in March instead.

But then we started deciding what to do with the three day holiday if we’re going to be local. We nearly went to Foxwoods (or Mohegan Sun) but decided against it. Ultimately, we went to Cape Cod to visit my parents and help them finish painting.

This year, President’s Day weekend coincided with Valentine’s Day weekend. Now, Randy and I have a complicated history with this holiday. Last year we had a houseguest, which eliminated much opportunity for romance. The year before that we went out to dinner, just the two of us…plus Randy’s ex-boyfriend who came along.

This year, we were wearing crappy clothes, covered in pain, and listening to my dad talk as he followed us around asking questions and “observing.”

When the holiday was over I said that we really need to do/plan something special for the next Valentine’s Day. I’ve probably said this every year and look what happens? Nothing.

On the plus side, no matter how what activities I do or don’t do on Valentine’s Day, at least I get to do them with Randy.

1. Comment by Randy on February 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Awwww! isnt that sweet!

2. Comment by Jeffrey on February 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Zach and I don’t do anything for Valentines Day. No expectations equals no disappointment.