They Make Special Suits For Days Like This

One year ago today Randy and I had a lovely birthday meal in the Trastavere area of Rome. The weather that night was perfect (after a scorchingly hot day) and we strolled around the neighborhood before and after our meal. The year before that we were in Paris – I had arrived the day before and excitedly met Randy at the Saint-Michel subway station in a light drizzle as he climbed up the stairs facing Notre Dame. The year before that I spent the night on a planeĀ  with Randy heading to London. The friendly flight attendant even gave me a bottle of wine since it was my birthday.

Over the past few years I’ve been fortunate enough to have some wonderful birthday memories and this year was no different. Randy invited some friends over last night and we had drinks and appetizers on our roofdeck before heading downstairs for some pizza and ice cream cake (yum). And today, the weather is even more perfect than that night in Rome one year ago. In just 4 more days we’ll then head up to Montreal for the long holiday weekend.

Thirty-nine doesn’t seem all that bad since it hasĀ provided me with such great memoies to look back upon.

1. Comment by Randy on May 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Good memories and good friends. Happy Birthday

2. Comment by Will on May 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Karl–
    Happy Birthday! Much happines. I think I don’t have to wish you love as yu already have it!. All my best!