Damned if You, Damned if you Don’t

I can’t win. I get scolded for discontinuing my writings of food so I start blogging about food again. Then I get scolded for doing that!

Today, I’m reverted my back to my old ways. Well, my “new” old ways (which is post-food, yet pre-food again…kind of like a thawing stage, I suppose).

And with heat like this, I’m completely thawed out.

We had pretty spectacular weather in Virginia for the holiday. The heat/humidity didn’t really creep in until the last day and a half. Before that, it was bright and sunny and in the very high 70’s or mid-80’s. The entire time there was barely a cloud in the sky.

We arrived lated on Wednesday night and after some quick “welcome back’s” we headed to bed.  On Thursday, we spent the bulk of the day by the pool.

On Friday I tackled my fears of seasickness and went out  to Smith Mountain lake onRandy’s father boat. Granted, it was a motor boat and not a sail boat, and it was a lake and not the ocean. But I still managed to spend a few hours out there and not get even slightly sick. Perhaps it’s progress!

The rest of the long weekend (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) was essentially back at the pool, with the occasional card game (Rook) thrown in for good measure. I apologize to Randy’s mother and Ennis for my horrible skills as a team mate. Please don’t hate me.

We returned to Massachusetts last night and got home at midnight. But we won’t be without family for long. In just three weeks his mother and Ennis fly up to Boston to visit us for a change. Ptown – here we come!

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Randy on July 7, 2010 11:07 am

What no mention of Earl, or is that tomorrows post? What about 5 Million dollars, closing schools, rednecks and Barack comments from the south? You could fill 20 posts I think from your 5 day getaway