It’s Happening Again

Randy’s work schedule is quite peculiar. He’ll go half a year wtihout a single business trip, then suddenly he gets bombarded with work-related travel engagements. In the past, it seems this has been predictable in the months of October, November, and early December. Add in his personal trip to Virginia for Thanksgiving and our vacation between Christmas and New Years and he’s barely home in autumn.

For some reason, it seems like it’s starting early this year. In August, we’ll have Randy’s mom and Ennis visit for up to 10 days, then Randy flies to California the next day for 3-5 days. He just found out yesterday that he has to go to new York for a few days after that. In early September we’re flying to Europe (business/pleasure for him, total pleasure for me). A week after we return, he’ll be going to Asia.

I wonder if I’ll recognize him anymore?

Oh, but we did have a great time in Ptown over the weekend. The weather was great until the very last day so we enjoyed lots of time at the beach and in the sun (yay sea breezes). And food has come a long way in Ptown over the years so we had some pretty tasty meals to boot.

We’re planning to bring Randy’s mother there in two weeks, too. It’s such a unique place that I think she’ll really enjoy it. If anything, she’ll surely enjoy the eye candy.

OK, and now for my political diatribe. I just read that Massachusetts was considering a transition from participating in the electoral college and joining a movement using the national popular vote model. Now, I’m 100% for presidential elections being based on the national popular vote. But I don’t believe it will work if only some states participate. It needs to be done nationally, not locally.

Basically, this measure would give Massachusetts’ 12 electoral votes to the candidate who wins the national popular vote – even if Massachusetts voters selected a different candidate. Think about this…if Sarah Palin won the national popular vote with 51% of votes, yet lost in Massachusetts by garnering only 4% of the vote, Massachusetts would still give her our 12 electoral votes.

Hell no! I detest the electoral college system but think only a national popular vote system is the way to go. If only a select few states participate, this sounds like a recipe for disaster.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Melody on July 26, 2010 10:22 am

One post all last week? What’s going on Karl are you running out of things to talk about? Say it isn’t so!