He’s Coming Back!

After an 11 day business trip, Randy is finally on his way back from Korea and Taiwan. As I type this, his plane is fast approaching the western half of the continental United States, and should land in Washington, DC, in a little over five hours.

This has been one of his longest business trips in quite some time. And this is on top of his trips to New York City and Europe just weeks before it, and our trip to Plattsburgh, NY, this coming weekend for a wedding. I don’t know how he does it. 

For me, as it always is, it’s been an adjustment. I usually enjoy having the place to myself for the first few nights, but soon thereafter I’m ready for his return. Though, as the end of his trips approachI fall back into that “oh no…only a few more peaceful nights to myself” mentality. Still, I’d rather him be home than away.

This time it has felt additionally solitary since we’ve had Chris living with us for the past 5+ months and I’ve gotten used to having somebody else around. But Chris’ first vacation during that time just happened to coincide with Randy’s business trip (Chris left on a Saturday night, Randy let Sunday morning). Chris still won’t be back for another 4 days or so.

But Randy’s coming back. Woo hoo! Once again he’s had a chance to flee my craziness but he still decided to return (I probably shouldn’t speak too soon…he could still stay in DC and skip his connecting flight).

1. Comment by Randy on October 14, 2010 8:26 am

yea im home
    how is it you have been home for almost 3 weeks and this is your first non- europe trip blog post?
    nothing else happens?

2. Comment by snarl on October 14, 2010 9:34 am

Sheesh – tough crowd. Maybe there was a lot (about Europe) to talk about!