They Come and Go So Fast

Good times, that is.

So my best friend from college flew out from southern California to visit for the first time since 2001. Randy and I have been out there 4 or 5 times since then, but this is the first time he’s come this way. It really was great seeing him and catching up with him and his partner, Paul.

They arrived at the most ungodly hour of 5:55AM on Wednesday. I went to work and they went to sleep. A few hours later they met up with me for lunch. Another old friend of ours (another former room mate of mine) joined us at Cambridge Common for a great hour.

I returned to work and Jeff and Paul explored Harvard. After work, we drank wine and Randy cooked some burgers and sausages on the grill before a night of cards (I won…yippee).

Yesterday, I went to work again and they headed into Boston for the day. After leaving work, I headed into the city to join them, playing tourist and having fun catching up. We tried going for drinks at the Top of the Hub but despite numerous empty tables with 4 chairs they kept saying they needed get a table ready and it would be 15 minutes. We gave up and headed to Club Cafe for a drink before hopping on the subway to visit the ICA.

Which was a bust since a new exhibit was opening up tomorrow and only half of one floor (which is small to begin wtih) was available for viewing art. It took about 10 minutes to see everything, then we headed out to dinner at Scutra, in Arlington. The food was quite good, but I still think Tryst is the finer Arlington restaurant.

More games were played last night (I lost), and this morning they left.

I love reuniting with Jeff, but our visits are never long enough.

1. Comment by Candy on November 19, 2010 1:58 pm

I miss Jeff..nice pic.

2. Comment by Golden on November 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Dang, Jeff, you’ve aged well!

3. Comment by Jeffrey on November 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Is it me or does Jeff look kinda like Randy?

4. Comment by snarl on November 19, 2010 4:34 pm

You think?