I’m Such a Loser

I had my annual physical on Friday, and although the bloodwork hasn’t come back yet, I’ve already received some good news.

My blood pressure was quite good (110/75), despite a family history of high blood pressure (both parents and my brother have it). But even more pleasant to hear was that I’ve lost 12 pounds since last August.

WOO HOO! Granted, I’ve put a little bit of effort into that reduction by tagging along with Randy on his Weight Watchers program so it wasn’t a complete surprise.  But I was still happy to hear that it was a real loss (and not just our new scale at home being optimistically out of whack). Of course, Randy has lost over 30 pounds so my 12 pounds pales in comparison. Go Randy!

On Friday night we got together with some friends to celebrate Randy’s 40th birthday (oh oh – was the fact that he’s 40 a secret?…it was actually the 11th anniversary of Randy’s 29th birthday on Friday!). The dinner was quite tasty at Arlington’s new Persian restaurant. We got together with some other friends visiting from California on Saturday night…then we hunkered down and waited out Hurricane…err, Tropical Storm…Irene.

Our electricity flickered three times on Sunday morning but that was the extent of it. I have to admit I was rather surprised to hear about all of the power failures throughout the region based on what we experienced in Arlington. I can’t believe what’s been going on in Vermont. I guess it just goes to show that you don’t have to live along the coast to suffer the most from an ocean storm. Wow.

Anyway, I’m supposed to go to the gym tonight to work off all that extra food I ate last weekend…but if anybody can come up with a good excuse why I shouldn’t go, I’m more than happy to use it.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Melody on August 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, since I seem to be the only one commenting lately I will tell you to get your butt to the gym and work, work, work or more actuate, sweat, sweat, sweat. That’s great that you have lost 12 and awesome about Randy! 40 is nothing though compared to 45. 45 is just SO old. 🙂 Glad you guys made it through Tropical Storm Irene.