Best. Winter. Ever.

Randy is sick of me repeating this, but it’s true. Weather-wise, this has been the best winter ever. I’ve probably said this to him at least once weekly since, oh, even before winter began (November). With rare exceptions, it’s just been sunny and 5-20 degrees warmer than normal consistently.

I’m sure we’ll suffer for it later on (rainy April? Worse, snowy April?) But I’m going to express gratitude and be thankful where it is due.

Life is good otherwise. My father is making an incredible recovery. His surgery was one month ago today. In that time, he’s showing such impressive strength and willpower. I couldn’t be more proud. At this rate, I can’t see why they’d keep him in the hospital longer than the expected release date of around March 28th.

Randy is abandoning me for Nashville to visit him brother later this week. He booked the tickets 21 days before the trip and prices were ridiculously high for going such a short distance. Frequent flyer miles were equally ridiculous. Then add in my father (who, three weeks ago was fresh out of surgery and not looking good) and it just wasn’t in the cards. I’ve looked at last minute fares on his flights but they’re even pricier now.

And tonight I’m getting together with a friend for dinner. With this weather, I may even propose that we walk instead of drive. I guess I’m just in that kind of mood.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Will on April 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Delighted to hear about your father’s recovery. I hope it continues without problems.

What we’ve had, up here at east, is a really lovely but severely dry April with the growing season beginning a good month earlier than usual. Whether this is a good thing or not remains to be seen.