Stop Torture » Blog Archive » URGENT advocacy initiative from the National Religious Campaign Against Torture

Stop Torture

The Harvard Anti-Torture Coalition

URGENT advocacy initiative from the National Religious Campaign Against Torture

Posted by stoptorture on February 12th, 2008

A message from the National Religious Campaign against Torture:

TORTURE IS A MORAL ISSUE

Dear Friends:

An important vote is going to take place tomorrow, Wednesday, February 13.

The Senate will decide whether we stop the CIA’s use of “enhanced interrogation techniques” — or as we would call them, torture. Section 327 of the Intelligence Authorization Conference Report (H.R. 2082), would prohibit the CIA from using abusive interrogation techniques (such as waterboarding) by requiring the CIA to comply with the Army Field Manual while conducting interrogations. The Army Field Manual prohibits torture and cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment.

Please call your Senators now — and urge them to support Section 327 of the Intelligence Authorization conference report. Call the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask to be connected to your Senators’ offices. You can also go to the NRCAT website (www.tortureisamoralissue.org) and click on the link in the upper right red box. It will take you to a page that makes it easy to email your Senators.

This is the most important anti-torture legislation now before Congress with a real chance of passage. (The House has already passed this bill.) Every phone call counts.

Thank you for all that you do to end U.S.-sponsored torture.

Sincerely,

Linda Gustitus, NRCAT President
Richard Killmer, Executive Director

13 Responses to “URGENT advocacy initiative from the National Religious Campaign Against Torture”

1. Jude Berardinelli Says:

Hey I enjoy your blog I though I would tell Ive been a phone sex person for a long time and enjoy the patronage you can see me at Click Here. Im always live there and love to please and tease.. Keep up the posts I like chatting about this stuff.

2. Marian Correia Says:

When I search for blogs I never know what I will find and that is half of the fun of it really. I was surprised I ran across yours though. It is excellent writing though. You have talent in there – keep it up.

3. Errol Bystron Says:

comments

4. Miles Trull Says:

Nice post. I hope you continue writing such informative stuff

5. female bodybuilding forum Says:

This is really efective as pre gym meal I have prolonged energy although I can’t stop drinking water prob the cratine but if you find it hard remembering to take all your supplements throughout the day this does it for you.

6. Lenen Says:

Great finding, how come you;re right so much about torture?

7. Harriett Staines Says:

hi,it was very nice reading your page,very well informative,thank you

8. car sales in phoenix Says:

I started thinking if My partner and which i want use that write-up on a world-wide-web web page, Let me hyperlink it again for your website also though. If, perhaps that is a predicament satisfy generate me aware and i could definately remove it immediately. I admire the valuable help and direction you present interior your articles. I will definitely guide tag your assessment and get my acquaintances check-up the after routinely. We are fairly positive they’ll uncover a good number of interesting data proper here when in contrast to just about any person else. Thanks numerous with regards to composing this info

9. Larry Gremminger Says:

Wow, articles similar to this are a great addition to the internet. I wonder what it would mean to the Democrats attempt to weaken government oversight.

10. Juliet Huls Says:

Fantastic post. Really Cool.

11. Proxy Server List Says:

It’s true that firms scaled back the corporate excesses, like fancy retreats and private jets, for which they were vilified as a brutal recession gripped the country. Many of those constraints remain in place, like flying commercial on business trips, or more limited private car service for employees.

12. ROI Unlimited Says:

13. Bigcash Znz Nada Zilch Says:

I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks, I’ll try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your web site?