Stop Torture

The Harvard Anti-Torture Coalition

Urge Accountability

SAMPLE LETTER TO YOUR CONGRESS MEMBERS:

Dear Representative _______ and Senators ________ and ________:

I call upon you, my elected representatives, to appoint a special prosecutor to conduct a thorough, independent, and public investigation into the role of high-ranking U.S. officials in the abuse and torture of detainees in Guantánamo, Iraq, Afghanistan, and in secret detention facilities throughout the world.

I am deeply disturbed by evidence of the systematic use of torture and cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment against detained persons in the name of the United States, including the outsourcing of torture to other countries. This pattern of abuse “resulted from decisions made by the Bush administration to bend, ignore and cast rules aside.” [1]

Involvement in war crimes must not remain unpunished, no matter what the perpetrator’s rank. Current and former top U.S. officials such as Donald Rumsfeld (former Sec. of Defense), Alberto Gonzalez (former U.S. Attorney General), George Tenet (former Director of the CIA), Porter Goss (former Director of the CIA), Michael Hayden (current Director of the CIA), and Steven Bradbury (acting head of the Office of Legal Counsel, Dep. of Justice), have remained unaccountable for their roles in these crimes. I demand accountability for all public officials, not only for those who actively participate in torture, but also for those who condone, instigate, order, or acquiesce to abuses of detainees.

Senate Directory

Congressional Representatives Directory

Zip code search to help identify your Representative

[1] Human Rights Watch, The Road to Abu Ghraib (2004).

166 Responses to “Urge Accountability”

1. اجاره ماشین Says:

thanks a lot

2. کامیونت فاو Says:

thanks

3. کامیونت آمیکو Says:

thanks a lot

4. کامیون رنو Says:

thanks

5. کامیونت ایسوزو Says:

thank you

6. کشنده کامیون کامیونت Says:

thanks

7. rge-qualibat.fr/ Says:

thanks very much for sharing this article. by: rge-qualibat.fr/

8. Agario Modded Says:

XHTML: You can use these tags:

9. DreamProxies Says:

I do like the manner in which you have presented this specific matter plus it really does present me some fodder for consideration. Nonetheless, because of what I have personally seen, I simply just trust when the actual commentary pack on that folks continue to be on issue and don’t embark on a soap box associated with the news of the day. All the same, thank you for this outstanding piece and even though I do not go along with the idea in totality, I value your perspective.

10. USA Proxies Says:

My programmer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform. I have heard very good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

11. DreamProxies Says:

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My blog has a lot of unique content I’ve either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any ways to help stop content from being stolen? I’d certainly appreciate it.

12. DreamProxies Says:

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on numerous websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

13. Private Proxies Says:

Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog centered on the same topics you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would value your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.

14. Anonymous Proxies Says:

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the structure of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

15. DreamProxies Says:

Hey there this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

16. DreamProxies Says:

I just added this webpage to my google reader, excellent stuff. Cannot get enough!