The Berkman Center’s Student Privacy Initiative, led by Executive Director Urs Gasser, explores the opportunities and challenges that may arise as educational institutions consider adopting cloud computing technologies. As we conduct our research, we are engaging multiple stakeholders to develop shared good practices that promote positive educational outcomes, harness technological and pedagogical innovations, and protect critical values.
Our work centers on three overlapping clusters:
- Privacy Expectations & Attitudes,
- School Practices & Policies, and
- Law & Policy.
In the context of each cluster and the intersections between them, we hope to produce concrete outputs that:
- Address multidisciplinary, multistakeholder challenges, needs, concerns, and opportunities in targeted ways;
- Offer research and analysis that is relevant and useful to practitioners and scholars;
- Present work in accessible formats; and
- Bridge stakeholder perspectives and translate core findings across different contexts.