My Life, As Told Between (Baby Cakes') Naps

Year In Review

2nd January 2011

Year In Review

posted in The Kitchen Sink |

January:  Had yearly physical.  Decided to go off the pill in anticipation of trying for a baby in 3 months (after the marathon and our trip to Italy).  Anticipated it could take a year or more to be successful.

February:  Ran the Pasadena marathon, for the first time, with some new friends from my running group.  Got a decent time.  Due to the small crowds and the design of the route, T was able to meet me and cheer me on much more often than at the LA marathon.

March:  Ran the Los Angeles marathon.  New Stadium to Sea route was awesome and I set a personal record, but I was weirdly tired and felt like crying.  The reason would become clear next month.

April:  Found out I was pregnant!  And then went to Italy at the height of my morning sickness.  Still managed to have a great time with T.

May:  Went to Sedona on my sixth annual Quad trip.  Flight arrived late Friday night, drove two hours through the desert and mountains to get there, and was only there until Sunday afternoon, but hanging out with the Quad is always worth it.

June:  Turned 32.  Low key celebration with T.  Didn’t feel like making a big deal this year.  Feeling fat.

July:  Found out we’re having a boy.  Would have been happy with either, but slightly relieved in light of parental pressure (on my side) for a boy.

August:  Pregnancy pains set in.  Not a happy camper.

September:  Finally in the third trimester.  Went to amazing shower thrown by my sisters in San Jose!  Got kick-*ss deal on used glider/ottoman on Craigslist.

October:  Entering Stay Puft territory.  Wedding ring no longer fits.

November:  Attended, and was touched by, shower thrown by co-workers.  Hosted our first Thanksgiving since I wasn’t able to travel.  Had T’s family over and ordered a meal from Marie Callendar’s.  Turned out pretty well considering the minimal effort we were able to put in.

December:  Had Little Man!  Hosted my family and T’s family for Christmas.  Exhausting  but so wonderful to have all of our loved ones in the same place – and to have them meet Baby J.

Most exciting year to date!