To harness the power of artificial intelligence to help us create a better future, while mitigating its risks, we need to work together – across culture and across national boundaries. Both the concerns and opportunities that come with this revolutionary global force are central to the events I have organized in conjunction with my partners and colleagues such as the Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University and the Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence at University of Cambridge.
- Winning the first prize for the Telecommunication social science award
- Co-hosting AI In Asia Tokyo: “AI For Social Good” @Waseda University
- Talked on “Robots on the road to Tokyo Olympics 2020: Complexity and the Social impact of AI in Japan” @AI in Asia Seoul
- Talked on “Complexity Model of Communication with Computer Images” @2016 Multimedia and Applications.
- “Preparing the Young for Japan’s Global Future: Opportunities in Digital Literacy” @IAMCR 2016
- Plenary: “Tourism as Information Industry” @The 34th Japan Society of Information and Communication Research (JSICR)-The International Communication Forum
- Appointment for the technology advisory committee of The Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games 2020
- “It’s Now Cool to Share: Japanese youths and their changing relations to video sharing sites”@ICA 2016
- “Creating the Self in the Digital Age: Young People and Mobile Social Media”@ Digital Asia Hub
- “What Digital Tattoos for Your Child?” @Parenting for a Digital Future by The London School of Economics and Political Science