From Bangkok to Calgary…

Not unexpectedly, I’ve been too busy to post.

That said, 1L year isn’t entirely overwhelming yet. But then, I haven’t gotten involved in journals yet and haven’t done much with FedSoc besides attend panels. I’m hoping to go to the FedSoc convention in DC in November–it will be the 25th anniversary convention, and I can’t wait.

Right now, however, I am extremely tired. I made an excursion to MIT this afternoon with a friend, which turned into a walking tour from MIT to Harvard Medical School, also hitting up the Boston Public Gardens, Commonwealth Avenue, Berklee College of Music, and Boston University, and making it back to Cambridge across the BU Bridge, into Central Square, and down Mass Ave back to Harvard. Our estimated journey length (aided by Google Maps): 11.9 miles. And I was not wearing walking shoes.

It was worth it: I suspect Boston in the winter is going to be uniquely miserable, but Boston in the fall is absolutely glorious. I can’t waste the fall indoors. I worry about not fully appreciating the colors of the leaves before the fall is over, which is pointless–the colors have only just now begun to change.  However, this amazing weather will not last, and even careful observation of the seasonal changes will not halt anything. The worst thing I can do is waste the fall worrying about the winter. But that’s just life, I guess.

1. Timothy Fountain

September 18, 2007 @ 12:46 pm

1

Looked out at our bird feeder last week to see a new bird I didn’t recognize. On consulting the manual, I found it to be a ruby breasted nuthatch, a bird that only winters in this part of the Dakotas. Siggghhhh… you’re right, the nice fall weather can’t last.

Have to admit that I loved walking around Boston as a tourist some time back. Also bike riding around Providence, RI…just blundering into spots of historical significance all over the place.

2. Sara

September 30, 2007 @ 8:39 am

2

OMG…Bryer? That’s neat!

3. Sara

September 30, 2007 @ 8:40 am

3

Breyer…and cross apply this to the correct entry 😉