Loose Links

Much happening in the UK. Follow the VRM Hub blog to see what’s up. (Wishing I could make every one of these.) The next meeting is on 26 February. Latest posts by Adriana Lukas:

• Retail, VRM and students.think of VRM as a framework for developing tools and technology to enable individuals to transact on their own terms.
  • Anonymised data a relationship doesn’t make. relationships cannot exist via anonymised data – the whole point of my approach to VRM is to focus on a ‘relationship’ with the vendor, one that is more equal than the current one. The data I voluntarily provide to vendors is a proxy for my relationships with them. The value is not in the data ‘dump’ but in the data flow, which can be cut off at any point the vendor abuses the relationship

Contributor Relationships and VRM? at GenerosityPath.

Twenty Theses for Government 2.0, Cluetrain Style, which has this line: Social media is not driven by the position, the title, or the department, it’s driven by the person.

Why Twitter won’t replace Google search- but will overtake it, by Dan Thornton, has this line: …it’s about increasingly moving towards Vendor Relationship Management, rather than Customer Relationship Management.

Here’s an audio file of my virtual appearance at Blueprinting the Information Valet Economy in December. It’s in the audio corner of the Media Giraffe Project.

Natalie Stovall gives a good example of why the hospitality business needs VRM.

WelCome has Answers to a few questions about VRM. An excerpt: I would suggest that VRM is first and foremost about providing value for the user with any vendor, as opposed to using social networking tools with a particular vendor. VRM is vendor agnostic and silo-adverse. The goal is to catalyze the development of tools for individuals through protocols and standards that let them work with any vendor seamlessly, without loss of functionality or services. (The words are Joe Andrieu’s. See here.

The Kynetx White Paper on Structured Browsing has VRM implications. Joe Andrieu has a long response that’s all about VRM as well.

1. Joe Andrieu

Hey Doc,

I’m glad you liked it the second time around. =)

FWIW, the “Answers to a few questions about VRM” article is lifted completely from my blog. I don’t mind, really, it only helps the link juice back to the articles referenced in the original piece.

http://blog.joeandrieu.com/2008/06/13/answers-to-a-few-questions-about-vrm/

Just FYI.

-j

2. Dan Thornton

The joy of the web allowing things like my mention of VRM to be picked up still surprised me sometimes!

I’m still learning all I can about what has already been covered with VRM, but the more I learn, the more I’m convinced…I suspect it will be a major part of life moving forwards!

3. Gus M.

Our company is taking a big step into improving our relationship with Vendors. We find that that using Twitter has been an excellent, and quick resource to allow our vendors to know all the changes we make within the company.

Social Networking Software