Bill Wendell of Real Estate Cafe poses a good Idea Starter question: What if homebuyers and sellers managed their own data? Sez Bill, Here are ten of our favorites ideas about how to retool the real estate industry with VRM. What are yours? He actually provides more than ten. Here’s a sample:
5. Buyers will be able to sign into open houses, and transfer their buyer profile or homesearchID by “bumping” their smart phone. (See comments received / Discuss)
6. Fourth parties, like locally initiated homebuyer club, will aggregate and deliver savings to buyers and sellers. (See comments received / Discuss)
10. Buyers will be able to manage and release their listing clickstreams so sellers, including distressed sellers, auctioneers, and leanders or government agencies with foreclosures, can invite them to bid on properties. (See comments received / Discuss)
15. Fourth parties will develop platforms to certify trust worthiness of real estate professionals based on terms of service, eg. No conflicts of interest because brokerage prohibits dual agency. (See comments received / Discuss)
18. Geoloco apps, augmented reality, and smartphones / mobile devices will enable real estate consumers to connect at hyperlocal level and engage in meaningful conversations that translate into more informed decisions and savings opportunities. (See comments received / Discuss)
These are also in the reVRM Minifesto.
And Bill is tweeting with the hashtag #reVRM.