I’ll be flying shortly to Italy, for the State of the Net conference in Trieste later this week. (Here’s the English version, the program, the hashtag: #sotn13.) I’ll be on a couple of panels and giving a keynote on personal clouds, which are emerging as center of control for individuals doing VRM. Meanwhile, here are some links I’m accumulating around VRM topics…
- No Hiding Place: A plan to assess people’s personal characteristics from their Twitter-streams, in The Economist.
- If my data is an open book, why can’t I read it?, by Natasha Singer, in the New York Times
- Phone Firms Sell Data on Customers, by Anton Troianovski in The Wall Street Journal‘s What They Know series.
- The Power of Vendor Relationship Management, by Pam Baker in Tech Page One
- IT’s new concern: The personal cloud, by Robert L. Mitchell in Computerworld
- Space Monkey! The Challenge of Providing a Truly Private Personal Cloud, by Dan Blum (Here is Space Monkey.) Also by Dan: Personal Cloud Security and Defining Personal Cloud: An Analyst’s Perspective.
- What I learned at Internet Identity Workshop XVI (So Far), by T.Rob
- Video by John Kelly, of Neustar, at Gartner
- Study shows how easy it is to determine someone’s identity with cell phone data, by Lisa Zyga
- New Frontier : Unhosted Loyalty – Less big data, more my data http://t.co/kM4Pa5iK52 via @sagema #VRM #unhosted #loyalty May 24, 2013 sagema (Mark Sage)
- James McGovern
@mcgoverntheory Are there any best practices for vendors when it comes to managing cut/paste boilerplate for RFPs? #ecm #vrm #ensw #gartner #forrester #aiim
- Doc Searls
@dsearls 23 May For personal data, use value beats sale value: http://bit.ly/11eNaka #VRM HT @brisbourne @Privowny, @MydexCIC @intently_co @kaplandaniel Retweeted by Caroline Condamin and 1 other
- Doc Searls
@dsearls 23 May RT @rmchase Time to start a People’s Terms of Service? http://bit.ly/16SMDaP @AriMelber @timoreilly #VRM ( @CustomerCommons is doing that)
- Maxime Lathuilière
@maxlath 23 May [1st article on my new blog “Counter-Modulation”] what is P2P resources management http://blog.maxlath.eu/post/50921432199/what-is-p2p-resources-management … #personalclouds #VRM #ouishare
- Julian Gay
@juliangay 22 May @joejohnston Yeah, we had a quick chat… @dweekly didn’t know you were into #vrm In reply to Joe JohnstonView conversation
- Joe Johnston
@joejohnston 22 May @dweekly did you meet @juliangay at Orange Labs? We’ve been hanging out in the #VRM startup space for awhile
@gammydodger 22 May Personal Data can be monetized, believe me, I’ve tried… but is that really going to happen? http://www.technologyreview.com/news/514386/intel-fuels-a-rebellion-around-your-data/ … #VRM #PersonalData
- Doc Searls
@dsearls 23 May @gammydodger Monetization is a side issue. Our data has infinitely more use value than sale value, imho. #vrm
@willcorke 22 May RT @corkewallis: Intel Fuels a Rebellion around Your Data http://techre.vu/19TxP82 @TechReview #vrm
- Graham Hill
@GrahamHill 20 May Mixed post by @ireneclng on Personal data warehouse for the HAT http://bit.ly/16JHcKE #vrm #sdlogic
- Boris Alexander Knop
@Boris_Knop 20 May companies should drop #CRM for Vendor Relationship Management @dsearls @PICNICfestival #VRM http://www.labkultur.tv/en/video/picnic-2012-doc-searls … via @LABKULTUR
BTW, while I’m glad that copying and pasting linky text from a browser window into the composing space here in WordPress mostly works, I hate the way all kinds of formatting cruft comes along with it. Normally I make the time to de-cruft out all the <div> and <span> jive, and maybe I will later today or tomorrow; but I don’t have time right now so I’ll let it stand.