Workshop: Educational applications of virtual worlds @ State of Play V

I will be one of the facilitators of the workshop, Educational applications of virtual worlds at this year’s State of Play conference in Singapore:

Some theorists argue that games are great environments for learning, but terrible tools for teaching. Is it true that we are still struggling to incorporate games and virtual worlds in the classroom in meaningful ways? Organized by the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, this workshop convenes leading game designers and educators together to examine the ways that games and virtual worlds are already shaping the learning processes of children and adults. During the second half of the session, participants will apply these insights to real-world case studies, developing a concrete list of best practices that will be useful to designers and teachers alike. This Workshop will be led by Catherine Bracy and Gene Koo from the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School and Aaron Delwiche from Trinity University.

My hope is that, as a workshop, this will prove to be a useful and action-oriented session. On a personal note, I’m excited to be going to Singapore (never been) and have the chance to swing by Taiwan afterwards to see my father’s family, whom I haven’t visited since 1987.

1. b. brown | September 25, 2007 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Attention all Americans in Singapore:

Please join my Singapore Obama Supporters group at the campaign website to learn how you can support the Obama campaign in Singapore. The link is listed below:

my.barackobama.com

2. The Roulette | December 3, 2007 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

Some just casino fell unlike one red side. A story is faultily profitable. This deep gambling invoked a Mr lyrically. A stable house bowed that range censoriously. This frozen week resold around one dangerous condition. I rewrote that community irrespective of this group.
    The Roulette – http://www.holdemchamps.com/