Forward spring

A forward spring would be nice right about now, because it rather feels like I fell flat on my face this week.

Being a sensitive sort, the twice-annual time change-a-palooza bullshit makes me feel like I have jet lag, albeit without the benefit of actual travel (i.e., change of location), and now that climate change is getting its fangs in, the whole thing has gotten worse because instead of going to Hawai’i, I somehow landed in Ontario last Monday.

You know? Here it is, the first Monday of the Spring Forward Fiasco, and we in Victoria BC – March flower count capital of the Canadian Universe – get …um, snow. Yes, snow.

It went downhill from there.

For one thing, I’m now almost a whole week older than I was 5 days ago, and I’m nearing the point where that sort of thing matters. I’m not getting this week back, no matter how much I resent how it went.

On the plus side: it’s warmer than it was Last Monday When It Snowed. The days are longer (yeah, right). I am very busy with several things, including of course MetroCascade and all its attendant tasks.  And I’m pleased with my March Focus article, and very pleased with the April article. I have it on my to-do list to upload the February and March articles to Scribd.com before the week is over.

As the song says, “I will survive.” At least until November, when we Fall Back….

No Comments yet