Getting it up with coffee

How did I miss this till now?

I had a meeting this afternoon with Elisa Yon (the woman who brought Pecha Kucha to Victoria) and Aleya Ryan of Anonymous Advertising at Victoria BC’s Bean Around the World. Because Elisa drew it to my attention, I finally noticed the best t-shirt ever.

The front shows a small rendering of the Johnson Street Bridge, surrounded by the words “Bean Around the World Victoria” – the name of the wonderful cafe on Fisgard Street in Chinatown.

On the back, a schematized rendering of Victoria BC’s fabulous Johnson Street Bridge, partially raised above the waters of Victoria’s Inner Harbour.

Above the rendering, the words “Johnson Street Bridge…”

And underneath?

“…getting it up since 1922”

(Hell, yeah!)

Too bad our city council and staff don’t bother to keep it up anymore. (I guess they forgot that if you don’t use it, …you lose it.)

Thank you, Bean Around the World, for a great inspirational t-shirt. Whether you’re visiting Victoria or live here, don’t miss the Bean’s excellent coffees, comestibles, and ambiance.

1. […] blog posts that have generated comments (or “likes”) on Facebook (but not here) were Getting it up with coffee; City Hall sure likes to feather its staffing bed; Trust Agents, one; The future of publishing […]

Pingback by » Follow up on commenting, and Facebook Yule Heibel's Post Studio © 2003-2010 — March 27, 2010 #