[NS-PCY5BMA] Insignia – Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Drivers

So you needed a quick Bluetooth adapter, went to BestBuy, and picked up an insignia adapter model NS-PCY5BMA? But now it’s not working despite its advertisement as “plug and play”? And the manual is no help at all? Then you went looking for a driver but the Insignia website has nothing? Then you find out that this it uses Broadcom hardware and their website says all their drivers are part of windows updates but obviously it isn’t installed by default? Well you’re lucky you’ve found this obscure blog on the internet. Here’s how you download the driver:

1. Go to the Microsoft update catalog. Or attempt to use this direct download link and skip to step 4. The direct download link likely won’t work on Chrome, it also may just 404 over time.
  2. Search “Broadcom Corporation driver update for Micro size USB to Bluetooth Dongle”
  3. Click the download button (I just used the top most recent result) and click on the download link from the pop up. If it’s not downloading it’s probably because Chrome recognizes the file as potentially malicious. If that’s the case then repeat these steps in another browser, I used Edge.
  4. Extract the cabinet file you just downloaded. If you don’t see an extract button just enter the cabinet file with windows explorer by double clicking then drag/drop the files out of the window to a new folder.
  5. Open your device manager, right click on “Bcm20702a0” and select update driver. Select “browse my computer for drivers” and select the folder with the extracted cabinet file.
  6. The driver should download and you should see Bluetooth in your device manager.

12 thoughts on “[NS-PCY5BMA] Insignia – Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter Drivers”

1. Never have I ever had a technical issue solved by such reckless precision.

Thank you, blog author, for providing this.

2. I MEAN if i was with you i buy you a case of beer some weed and cheetos for the munchies so thanks so much buddy

3. Thank you so much! To anyone who thinks this is super sketchy, I promise it works and its the only way to get it to work. Trust me, I tried everything.

4. Thank you so much. It’s people like you that makes the internet a great place; the original social network.

Thanks, again!