The New Marketing Is the Old Marketing — Just Different Tools

Social media and new technologies are disrupting the marketing world, and yet the basics of selling professional services still start with building awareness. People buy from people that they know, like and trust. This video has been making the rounds, but I had to post it here because it makes such a great point — watch it here.

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/nXG7zYWKHGU" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
Thanks to the Legal Water Cooler where I last saw it.

The first part references the legendary “man in the chair” ad designed in 1958 for McGraw-Hill publications.

Share this post...Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone
Posted in Law Firm Marketing
2 comments on “The New Marketing Is the Old Marketing — Just Different Tools
  1. Great video. You’re absolutely right. I actually think new technology is allowing us to complete a cycle. Fifty years ago, there was real communication and relationships between the seller and the buyer. We lost that in the years of big business (Wal-Mart, McDonalds, etc), but the internet is allowing customers and businesses to once again have a personal relationship. This gives smaller businesses a real chance to connect with customers that they haven’t had in the past twenty years, something that they definitely need to take advantage of.

2. Amy,
    I love this video! It’s dramatic and hits all the points that I try to impress on my associates and clients on a daily basis. Technologies change, and we need to take advantage of the opportunities that the invent of the internet have allowed for small and mid-sized business. The playing field has been leveled and with the right marketing strategy you could see your profits grow at an alarming rate.

Regards,
    Rashan Grooms
    President/CEO
    Wealth Expos Management
    WealthExpos.com