changes

Sometimes things change so fast you don’t even realize that they’re changing until you feel the stark difference of the change itself.  Life is constantly evolving.  How funny, then, that we seem to only be able to take snapshots every now and then.  Too often I find myself wondering how I ended up in the situation I’m in–how did I let things get this bad?

Don’t get me wrong, changes are not always bad.  Sometimes they’re great.  But those ones you think less about, because human nature allows us to happily accept good changes without too much thought.

The changes you’re not so fond of–now those are the troublesome blighters.  And what’s even worse is when you think that the changes are irreversible.  To think that you can lose something you’ve come to rely on, to think that you can be so powerless.  We rely on being able to control our surroundings and the accompanying actions.  We rely on having power to control the changes in our life.  But sometimes it’s not so easy.

So what do you do when you see yourself beyond a crossroads?  Beyond the point of no return?  When you can only turn around to see what once was, and don’t know how to get it back.

Who knew even friendship was so fickle.