Ode to my peers

Most of my posts are devoted to my discoveries, my thinking, my analysis and perceptions. They are based on what I read and observe. It did not take long to realize that a good portion of these readings and observations are based on yours, my t509 Massive peers, contributions!

In this post I want to reflect the impact you are making on my learning, knowingly or not. Just a few examples here, all with appreciation.

I have always been uneasy/skeptical about multitasking: basically, I don’t believe it’s a good practice (I won’t even name it a skill here), just intuitively. Interestingly, just a few days ago, a tweet on a Forbes article caught my attention, confirming just this(by @RobertsRachelL).

Then there is a MOOC platform comparison tweet (by @CarliSpina), which I thought was interesting and I glanced at that. Then I thought about how overly connected we are and kept browsing through some blogs, and here it is: Life Pre-Internet post (by Allison Goldsberry), where I couldn’t resist leaving a comment and also wondered of the blog’s clean features, some of which I wouldn’t mind learning and implementing into the space of my own. I keep an eye on My life at Harvard (by Merisenda Bills), a beautifully crafted space with a unique view. Being a somewhat follower of Getting Things Done I found out that I am not alone (see Karen Massey‘s blog), but what’s more, there was a useful reference to my earlier painful question of how to organize the sources, and here is Diigo to explore.

We are in a very interesting class: there are readings, videos and activities assigned. Yet, I suspect that no readings are identical for each of us: as we grasp various information, generously shared by our peers, prompting our thinking towards unpredictable directions and, subsequently our reactions in blogs or tweets (circulating back into more resource sharing and thinking further).

It is a live and a sustainable organism. I think I am starting to understand what it means to be connectivistic in a class and how to craft the these connections and this space.

I am deeply thankful to my peers for this perpetuum mobile of enrichment.

1. Carli

October 13, 2014 @ 9:53 pm

1

I love seeing how move through the content that we are all creating and find connections between the items! Just as the readings are different to each of us, I am sure that what we find in the posts created by our classmates and how we find connections between the posts, the readings and our lives are different for all of us.

2. athgse

October 14, 2014 @ 3:38 am

2

So, true! Thank you for taking the time to comment. And thank you for all the wonderful contributions: they do make a difference in my learning experience.