Here’s the latest news from housing law and equity, from the week of August 21-28, 2017:
- Economists from the Federal Reserve of San Francisco show the enduring negative effects of redlining on communities of color, via the New York Times.
- The Atlanta Black Star published a review of the impact and persisting health effects of segregation on communities of color.
- A new report by the Urban Institute shed light on the costs of segregation for metropolitan regions. Read a review of the report on How Housing Matters: https://howhousingmatters.org/articles/w…
- New York Magazine ran an expose about HUD under the leadership of Ben Carson
- As relief efforts continue in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, we are reminded by the July 2016 piece on privately owned subsidized housing in flood areas in Houston, via the Houston Chronicle.