Sunday Brunch: Johnny D’s – UPDATED

8

Joey is in town this weekend – er, AccordionGuy is in town this weekend, and wants to do a blogger brunch while he’s here.

We will meet at 11:30am on Sunday at Johnny D’s, on Holland Street just outside Davis Square. If you can’t be on time, please let me know you’re coming so we can get you a seat. All are welcome, looks like they have plenty of good veggie food as well as meaties.

Hope to see you there.

Addendum 8/1: j here: Brunch was great. There were about ten of us and we sat at two tables. A few bloggers who covered the convention were there and we heard a little bit about their activities. We hoped AccordionGuy would jam with the jazz musicians, but, unfortunately, that didn’t happen. He did, however, seranade a few of us and some children in the park near the T station while we ate ice cream.

Posted by Wendy

1. cynthia

July 26, 2004 @ 1:11 pm

1

johnny d’s brunch is GREAT. and it happens to be one block from my house, so i’d be there!

2. j

July 26, 2004 @ 1:59 pm

2

I got kicked out of Christopher’s once for staying too long during brunch hours. About 18 months ago, a friend and I were there for about an hour. The waitress took our empty dishes away, then brought the bill. After we paid, my friend continued sipping his coffee to finish it. About ten minutes later, the waitress told us firmly we were taking too long and we needed to leave immediately, so we did. I haven’t been back since. The moral of the story is to not pay the bill until we’re completely finished with our food, I suppose.

I wonder if they’ll kick a large group of people out for staying to finish coffee. Perhaps we should find out.

Any of the places sound fine to me. Honestly. I’ll be there.

3. guy

July 27, 2004 @ 6:26 pm

3

nobody knows me, but i’ll go. i love meeting strangers.

uh…

in the non-creepy way.

4. Wendy

July 28, 2004 @ 10:05 am

4

OK, Johnny D’s it is. I’m gonna say 11:30ish? I’ll post more details a little later today.

5. cynthia

July 28, 2004 @ 4:27 pm

5

hey guy i know you!

6. ls

July 29, 2004 @ 11:49 am

6

Sunday Bruch, I am in. 😀

7. Rick Heller

July 31, 2004 @ 10:44 am

7

I’ll be there, and invite some other convention bloggers.

8. poster, poster art

August 31, 2004 @ 12:24 am

8

Great website! It has been added to our list of art associations and watercolor societies.