Friday, February 19th, 2010...11:39 am

Because It’s Friday

Jump to Comments

I received this message on Facebook today.  It is not spam, and I have not made any edits except to redact identifying information.  Maybe those trendsetters who are dumping Facebook are on to something.

Hi Fellow BC ’02 Alumni

Happy belated holidays of 2010. Hope everything is going well for all of you and your loved ones this year. Hope everyone is staying warm this winter and maybe enjoying the winter Olympics. Here are a few things I think you should know:

1. We have GOT to say a prayer or 2 for the men’s Basketball team; they really need it.

2. Please let other Boston College ’02 alumni know about our group here on facebook so we can connect and keep in touch.

3. If anyone fell off the eagon on their new year’s resolution or is looking to do some good for Lent, don’t worry. Come visit my blog @ [address redacted]. It’s my own personal blog of all the healthy recipes I cook from Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet and Kraft Foods. It’s a collection of all the healthy recipes I cook and my personal thoughts of what I cook. Please tell all your friends about my blog because I could use all the publicity I can get.

4. Speaking of cooking, I have suggested to Father Bill Neenan @ BC that I (we) should have a Throwdown with Bobby Flay @ BC before a BC Home game. I Think the throwdown should be the Ultimate Tailgate Throwdown So I, Father Neenan and other good tailgate chefs can show Bobby Flay how a tailgate should be done. If anyone knows or has access to Bobby Flay, tell him that BC would love to have a throwdown with him. I’d also love to compete on Iron Chef America so if anyone knows somebody @ Food Network, tell them I’d love to compete on the show!

5. Go TEAM USA in Vancouver!!!

6. I’ll be coming up to Boston this coming weekend with my mom for family business and vacation. I’ll be arriving on Sunday and leaving Monday evening. I’d love to meet some of you if that’s possible. Please get back to me ASAP.

7. Here’s 2 videos that are too funny. I guarantee you will enjoy them!

Clip #1
http://www.youtube.com/user/bcpostergirl#p/f/6/KoQID8hfIn0

Clip #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SEQYTnTLYI&feature=related

That’s all I have to say for now so those are the things I thought I would share with you. Hope everything is well and I’d love to hear from you. GO BC!

All the best,
[name redacted], BC ’02

• As I read that, I bounced back and forth from audible fits of laughter to scornful snark. Who sends a message like that? I especially liked the plea for a connection to get onto Iron Chef America. I can just imagine that episode:

On the left, we have James Beard Award-winning, multiple Michelin star-earning chef Mario Batali.
    On the right, we have BC alum with a healthy cooking blog and an inflated view of his tailgate skills.

I almost want to see that happen… almost. It would provide my yearly dose of schadenfreude all at once.