See for Yourself

This is an academic exploration of Scarlett Johansson’s ass. Do not view it as salacious material. Do not! Stop it! Scroll down to see the argument.

6 Responses to “See for Yourself”

1. s
    March 15th, 2004 | 4:41 pm

How do you know this isn’t a stunt ass?

2. cynthia rockwell
    March 15th, 2004 | 9:11 pm

ha–it’s possible, though i’m told sofia coppola had to convince her to do the shot. either way the owner of the ass isn’t as important as the presence of any ass at all…

3. AUSTiN
    April 2nd, 2004 | 3:07 pm

Can anyone really find this image interesting in a sexual way?

And, anyway, the narrative seems to be — from the first shot to the last — a procedure of exsanguination. In my opinion it is a most American point of view (and in this way different from European) to believe that, in order to present delicacy of feeling, it is necessary to extirpate sexuality. The picture is, I guess, as if LA NOTTE were made by a Puritan.

4. cynthia rockwell
    April 2nd, 2004 | 3:22 pm

“Can anyone really find this image interesting in a sexual way?”

according to many men i’ve spoken to about the film (and i’m guessing many of the googlers who land here daily looking for ‘scarlet johannson’s ass’), i’d say most definitely.

exsanguination: agreed.

not sure who (if anyone) suggested we need to extirpate sexuality to present delicacy of feeling, but i’d agree an american would be more likely to do so.

5. pete
    April 6th, 2004 | 1:21 pm

Why’s it hard to believe someone can find that image “interesting in a sexual way”? My girlfriend seemed as excited by Johansson’s ass as I was. But other than that, I agree with what you say about the American mentality toward sex and delicacy.

6. christiane
    October 30th, 2004 | 5:05 pm

Hey, please, that ass is so incredibly fantastic.
    That was of course of course one of the best shots of that film. And I think that this movie had generally fantastic shots! And, Scarlett, that is an ass…
    I think she deserved the Oscar for the ass alone!