Rare Scary British Films

A discussion of weird dreams brought a fuzzy memory of this film flash through my head and then I had a strong desire to see it, but I couldn’t remember what it was called. All I could remember was the image of this house and that they had British accents. So I did all kinds of Google searches for the plot, which I also couldn’t recall very well, and somehow I found it. (“scary british film sick young girl nightmare father”) Yay internet! But unfortunately it isn’t available on Netflix. Greencine doesn’t even have it! It’s an amazing and freaky film. It captures dreams and nightmares and weird childhood fears perfectly, and isn’t at all a lame gory cliche. Has anyone else seen it? I saw it long ago on some sort of cable channel. You should check it out if you ever have a chance.

More cool images from the film here.

2 Responses to “Rare Scary British Films”

1. cinetrix
    April 2nd, 2005 | 10:09 am

C – I recall that the H’wood Express in Central Square had a VHS copy [in Horror] I was always too chicken to watch. Make those clowns in Davis look it up and fetch it for you.

2. cynthia rockwell
    April 2nd, 2005 | 7:36 pm

you are correct! porter square hwd express to the rescue! they had a vhs copy. maybe it’s not on dvd yet, maybe that’s why netflix/greencine don’t have it. hooray for brick and mortar…