Anticipating Silverdocs

I was most disappointed to have to miss Walking to Werner at IFFBoston, but am happy to see it’s on the schedule at Silverdocs, so I’ll get a second chance. There are quite a few docs in the lineup that were also at IFFBoston, which shows how impressive the Boston fest has become. In addition to Werner, American Blackout, Fuck, and The Trials of Darryl Hunt all played at IFFBoston. And somehow I managed to miss every single one. Here are some of the others I’m looking forward to: The Great Happiness Space, about a strange brothel in Japan where the clients are women and the service they pay for from their male prostitutes is attention and “love” behavior, not sex. Also looking forward to Only Belle, a terrifying-sounding film about a female serial killer I never heard of (just look at that frickin’ image via the link..*shudder*), Chairman George, about a Greek-Canadian statistican who sings in perfect Mandarin Chinese and who follows his dream by taking off to China to try to perform at the Olympics, Railroad All-Stars, about a soccer team of prostitutes in Guatemala City, Paper Dolls, about four Philipino transvestites who move to Israel and start a drag show, Blood of the Yingahou District, about HIV-infected children in China, a place not usually associated with the disease, and Muskrat Lovely, about the “Miss Outdoors Pageant” in my beloved home state of Maryland.

Also looking forward to lots of great parties and food, if this year is anything like last year’s festival…

3 Responses to “Anticipating Silverdocs”

1. June 12th, 2006 | 12:20 pm

Hey, I’ll be doing the Silverdocs marathon, too. Would love to get drinks while you’re in town, and if you know where all the parties are, well that’s even better! Now I’m wishing I’d picked up a ticket for “Muskrat Lovely,” among others you’ve mentioned, but I *think* it conflicts with something else I wanted to see.

2. June 12th, 2006 | 12:32 pm

yeah let’s meet for a drink. i’ll be in touch via email…

3. June 12th, 2006 | 2:10 pm

Indie Web TV…

I’ve been relatively distracted by The Big Move lately, so haven’t really had the time or energy to blog. Plus, I’m moving quickly on 1-2 writing projects (including an article for a book collection), but just wanted to throw a……