January 21 KM Cluster Meeting at IBM Research in Cambridge, MA: “Inside Social Networks”

Bill Ives kindly invited me to sub for Judith Meskill as a panelist at the Spring 2005 Meeting of Boston’s KM Cluster.  The meeting is being hosted by IBM Research in Kendall Square.  The topic of the panel I’m participating in is “Technology Context — What is the Role of Technology in the Social Enterprise?”

1. Stephen Wilmarth

January 24, 2005 @ 11:40 am

1

Cesar, I attended last Friday’s Spring 2005 Meeting of Boston’s KM Cluster and found the invested time rich in ideas and connections. The social enterprises of concern to me are K-12 educational institutions. Enterprise systems, particularly those that support design and delivery of curricula in all of its manifestations, are not a subject of ease or facility for many policymakers, leaders and administrators in K-12 organizations. The software industry, particularly the suppliers of binary code, offer little incentive for “risking” the adoption of enterprise knowledge management systems. OSS developments in higher ed, however, may foreshadow a form of trickle-down economics. Let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later. Thanks for your insights.