Summer Update

After an extremely exciting year in Cambridge, I returned back to the west coast. Having been home for several weeks, I have been pretty busy unpacking, reconnecting with family members, as well as starting an internship.

Pac-12 Athletic Conference Logo

This summer I will be working on at the Pac-12 conference. The Pac-12 is an athletic conference that participates in the NCAA’s Division 1. The conference has twelve members: Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Colorado. This summer, the Pac-12 is planning to launch the Pac-12 Network which is a television network that will broadcast many sporting events across all sports of the Pac-12. I am currently working for the Pac-12 Networks, as part of the Digital Team. We are in charge of creating the web content, as well as the interfaces for the devices that will be broadcasted on the network. It has been an extremely interesting job, and everyone I work with are really great people. They come from really different backgrounds, and are all really passionate about what they do.

Members of the Pac-12 Digital Team

In addition to working, I have continued to train for our fall tennis season. I am playing for my home club’s league team, as well as some adult tournaments in California to make sure I will be ready to compete once I get back to campus.  It is really nice to be able to get out on the court, especially after a long day at work, so I try to hit at least 4-5 times each week.

Thanks for reading this entry. My next entry will focus on my job, and will give you a glimpse of what it’s like to work at the Pac-12.