Greetings from the Harvard College Admissions Office! Here on Brattle Street, we had a great summer and are gearing up for a new admissions cycle. You may be wondering, what have we been up to over the past few months? What does the life of an Admissions Officer entail when applications aren’t coming in? Believe it, or not, we’ve been hard at work for months preparing for the Class of 2016 application cycle, and we have a few exciting updates to report for prospective students and families as we kick off another year.
- Check out the brand-new Application Tips section of our website. The section features a compilation of words of wisdom from officers across the Admissions Office, designed to help you navigate the Common Application and get a sense of how our careful evaluation process works. The tips provided can help as you begin thinking about your college applications—to Harvard and elsewhere.
- While you’re at it, visit the new Net Price Calculator on the Financial Aid Office’s website. The Financial Aid Office did an amazing job designing this new tool to help students and families get a sense of what a Harvard education may cost. We’re extremely proud of our generous Financial Aid program. Check out the calculator, and see how affordable a Harvard education can be.
- As of this week, many of our Admissions Officers are hitting the road to visit students, families, and guidance counselors across the country through our biannual Exploring College Options Tour with Duke, Georgetown, the University of Pennsylvania, and Stanford. Check out the Harvard in Your Hometown section of our website for info about upcoming presentations near you!
- We’re in the process of recruiting and hiring new student bloggers for this year… stay tuned for posts from new faces and updates from a few familiar folks. For current undergraduates interested in writing for us, email Eggart at fas as soon as possible for an application. We’ll also continue to feature Guest Bloggers throughout the fall, so if there’s something you’d like to hear about, let us know in the comments below, and we’ll track down a writer for you!
- And last but not least, the Harvard Admissions team just won the Championship for our summer kickball league! A few photos of the office in action below…
That’s all for now– we look forward to seeing your applications this year in the Single Choice Early Action and Regular Decision processes!