A tribute to a wonderful woman

We had some sad news this past weekend, that of the passing of my mom’s best friend. My family has known her family my entire life and my parents have known them for much longer than that.

Esther was diagnosed a few weeks back with cancer. By the time it was found, it had spread through much of her body. She was to have decided on Monday whether or not to try the chemo/radiation thing but on Saturday, God made the decision for her and he brought her home to him.

Esther lived a happy life, she turned 83 just one week before passing. She has wonderful children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren who adored her. She also has many, many friends that will miss her more than she will ever know.

We are all able to accept her passing just a bit easier because we know that she had the opportunity to see the people that she wanted to see before going. I’m unable to believe that she’d have any “wrongs” in her life that she wanted to set “right” because she was just too good of a person to have any enemies!

So now she is in heaven with her much beloved husband, Eddie. If ever there were a perfect couple, it was them and I am sure that they are at peace now that they are together again.

So, farewell beautiful Esther! Your presence on earth will be greatly missed! I love you.

Published in:Uncategorized |on May 17th, 2005 |3 Comments »

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

3 Responses to “A tribute to a wonderful woman”

1. Molly Says:

She sounded like a lovely woman. And your posting was a beautiful tribute to her.

2. Gaane Says:

Thank you for the info!

3. DSL in Berlin Says:

Nice and lovely post!