Quick update

Well, it sounds as though the job is safe. For now. We think. Typically, they didn’t say “much” and the words “lay off” weren’t actually used but they did say that they are “restructuring” the maintenance department. The hubby’s boss’s boss will be gone the end of June and the boss himself thinks its only a matter of time for him. As far as hubby, from what we’re hearing, the restructuring will result in fewer techs in each area. Fortunately, hubby has seniority (though we’re told that’s not really going to matter) but he also is in good standing with his boss and is told that he’ll be “rating” each of the techs to assist in determining who stays and who goes. If his recommendations actually mean anything, we should be okey-dokey. It will mean servicing more stores but its a job – one that he’s put a lot of time and effort into – so we are nothing but thankful for that at this point.

Niagara Falls has stopped, at least for now. Of course, that’s probably because it was 8 degrees when I got out of bed this morning but, hey – at least it wasn’t below 0, like it was in some areas!

On Saturday, my week from h3ll just continued but I won’t bore you with the details on that. Yesterday was a wonderful day, though, so I’m hoping things are on the upswing! Hubby informed me that he won’t be doing anymore sanding for the next couple of weeks so I reclaimed my house and dusted everything in sight! Its so good to have my house back!

We also got a weekend without any snow. Ahhh! What a treat that was. Though we’re not getting to excited. They’re now saying its going to snow Wednesday. All day. 6″ – 10″ with some areas getting as much as a foot. Can anyone guess what we’ll get???? Ahhh, the joys of living in New England!

Published in:Uncategorized |on January 26th, 2009 |1 Comment »

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

One Response to “Quick update”

1. daisy Says:

I’ve been out of the loop. I’m glad things look hopeful for your husband. These times are just too stressful lately!

Stay warm. We’re forecast a big ice storm starting around noonish today. Not really looking forward to that, but at least I’m back in town.