Happy Everything, to me!

Happy Birthday, to me!

Happy Anniversary, to me!

Happy Christmas, to me!

I’m told this will be my birthday, anniversary and Christmas gift this year, but since I’m willing to share, maybe we can discuss it further:

(Though, truth be told, that towel and basket were the beginning of my attempt to cover it up temporarily – until I can “really” decorate it – to keep the cats off it but y’all can see how that’s going, eh?!?!?!)

Published in:Uncategorized |on March 12th, 2010 |4 Comments »

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

4 Responses to “Happy Everything, to me!”

1. daisy Says:

I have the bottom (iron) part of one of those. It was my grandmother’s and she used it in her backyard with a tabletop over it. So that’s what I do with it too. I wish she’d had the entire thing. But since she used it this way I’m just carrying on the tradition.

Yours is lovely.

2. curtincall Says:

Actually, Daisy, that was what I had in mind. I’d gotten the idea from Dave’s Garden “Trash to Treasures”.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/t2t/all/

Scroll down a little ways and you can see what others have done with theirs.

Hubby and I came across a “barn sale” last weekend and saw a really beat up one and when I suggested using just the base, he said he’d rather try to refurbish it. At that, I decided to search Cr@ig$list and that’s where I found this one (one town away from us – I truly believe some things are just meant to be). I love, love, love it! Its even nicer than I had imagined!

3. Angie Says:

Yaayy! You got it!! Look either on the back or underneath for the serial number and call Singer. They will tell you when and where it was made and a little history.

4. Molly Says:

This is a gorgeous antique, just beautiful! Gosh, I should read your blog more… I really feel out of the loop.