A blog about blogging

As I type this, I realize five weeks have passed since my last post. That’s not because I don’t have anything going on or anything to say or anything to show you. Jeepers! I’m remodeling my kitchen! I have lots going on, lots to say and lots to show you! Yet, I haven’t posted in five weeks!

The question was posed elsewhere if blogs are becoming a thing of the past. Replaced by simpler means of communication (read: Facebook, Flickr). Part of me believes it is true. A bigger part of me hopes that it is not. I’ve been keeping this blog for ~8 years now. I can come here and go back and read my posts, look at photos, and have many a “oh, ya!” moments. I don’t want that to go away.

What do you think? Do you still blog? If not, do you miss it?

Published in:Uncategorized |on March 15th, 2011 |2 Comments »

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

2 Responses to “A blog about blogging”

1. Stacy Says:

You know I don’t blog anymore, but I do enjoy going back to my old blog and reading about my life back then, particularly the first year of Sam’s life. I don’t think I’ll ever start blogging again though for lots of reasons. Facebook really satisfies my broadcasting needs right now.

I also loved reading friends blogs (like Ben when N was a baby), and I do miss that intimacy with people’s lives. Sometimes you don’t get to that level on Facebook.

2. daisy Says:

I still blog and I miss that so many have gone the FB route. You just can’t stumble onto cool FB posts like you could blogs.