Day one and done

Got off to a late start. Meaning, today (Sunday, as I write this) instead of yesterday. Got as far as Cedar City, Utah, where we’re camped for the night in a cheap but pretty good motel.

Amazing weather — desert thunderstorms — most of the way. I’ll try to put some pix up before I crash for the night.

[In the morning…] Did that. Some pretty nice ones too.

4 responses to “Day one and done”

1. Doc, before you leave Cedar City, you need to get over to Cedar Breaks Nat’l Monument (“Helluva place to lose a cow”) There is an incredible canyon overlook. Ask the motel guy, he can give you directions, its about a 20 minute drive. Wish you were coming farther north, as I’d love to meet you. I’ve been a reader for about 8 months, now. PS, the Utah Shakespearean Festival is there in Cedar, so if you are staying the rest of the day, you should check it out. One of my faves.
    xoxoxo JohnOnSales

2. Love to go. It’s someplace I’ve seen many times from the air, but never from the ground. But we’re busy also cutting out Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef….

We’ll hit Arches for sure.’

Tell ya what.

If you had 6 days to get to the East Coast from Cedar City, and were leaving today at 9am, and were committed to a day in St. Louis along the way, what would ou do today?

3. Doc
    Jealous

Your lead shot made me twitch
    Use to cruise the west, often this time of year
    Two wheels (motorcycle), sometimes two up, sometimes solo.

Kerouac
    Tod & Buz (the old Rt 66 show – mid 60’s)
    Myself
    Now you folks …

Skipping the Joad’s – they were headed the other way

Will be shooting for “Road Trip” in spring …

Enjoy!
    Ciao

4. To answer your question, I would spend 5 days in Southern Utah, then catch a plane from St George to St Louis.

Also, since the world ends at the Rocky Mountains, I don’t go farther east for fear of dragons.

So long as you hit arches, we can forgive you for missing Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Goblin Valley, Cedar Breaks, etc.
    Thanks for coming. xoxoxo JohnOnSales