- Snowcrystals.com, by Ken Libbrecht of Caltech. Follow the links. Amazing stuff.
- Alexey Kltijov‘s also amazing snowflake shots, with an explanation of technique
Freedom vs. Surveillance
- Eben Moglen: Snowden and the Future. Three brilliant speeches so far, with one more to come.
- Are access and correction tools, opt-out buttons, and privacy dashboards the right solutions to consumer data privacy? By Akiva Miller, at the Privacy Research Group blog.
- Pew Internet’s main privacy page.
- Pew’s Anonymity, Privacy and Security Online. The .pdf. Key findings.
- Pew’s Teens, Mobile Apps and Privacy
- DemandProgress.TV presents an online screening of Terms and Conditions May Apply in a Town Hall on Sunday,5pm EST. Sign up. I am told there will be a guest star you won’t want to miss. I will hint no farther.
- Good News For Bored People! Climate Change Promises Nonstop Excitement. By Ken Layne in Gawker.
- How Much Will NSAGate Cost the U.S. Cloud Computing Industry?, in Dan Blum’s Security Architect.
- Will CBS News apologize for the reckless denials before its Benghazi story collapsed? By Jay Rosen in Pressthink
- Today Is The Day We Can Get Rid Of Richard Cohen by Choire Sicha in The Awl.