11:31pm — Nobody is saying it, but so far the #BlizzardOf2015 in #NYC is a dud. I mean, yeah there’s snow. But it’s not a real blizzard yet. At least not here, and not in Boston, where it’s supposed to be far worse. “A little bit more than a dusting” says the CNN reporter on the street in Boston, sweeping a thin layer of snow off some pavement. The anchor on the street in New York stands in front of a bare wet sidewalks while the street behind is covered with a couple inches of slush.
Apparently the only vehicle on the streets is CNN’s Blizzardmobile:
(Why is it that my mind drops the B and calls that thing LIZZARDMOBILE?)
Meanwhile, WNYC‘s listeners are weighing in with snow totals that look a lot deeper…
But the wind is getting stronger now. Maybe this thing will be as big as they’ve been predicting. But I’m not seeing it yet.
And I do want to see it, because I love snow. A sampling:
- January2005 on Mt. Baldy, Los Angeles
- 16 December 2007 in Arlington, MA
- 27-31 December 2007 in Sun Valley, ID
- 14 January 2008 in Arlington, MA
- 16 January 2008 at Harvard, Cambridge, MA
- 2 February 2008 near Smuggler’s Notch, VT
- 19 January 2009 in Arlington, MA, and at Spy Pond
- 25-31 December 2009 in Zermatt (under the Matterhorn)
- 27 December 2010 in New York
- 12-13 January 2011 in Arlington, MA
- 9 February 2013 in New York
Enjoy. I’ll check back in the morning. I should be putting up fresh photos then.